CHICHI-MIO

My Giant TT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Giant TT

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 am

Originally the sole Filtration until fines galore ensued Rolling Eyes has performed exceptionally well in my`Overstocked`situation.

I Love it but wonder whether I should continue with the `Drip Tray` or fashion a `Spray Bar` of sorts scratch

What say you Guys ?

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: My Giant TT

Post by HAN on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 am

Roddy has always maintained that spray bars are better than drip trays at off gassing in TT`s Chi ..
HAN

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Excuse my ignorance but what is a TT?

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 am

alank wrote:Excuse my ignorance but what is a TT?

Trickle Tower Sweetie ... Smile

Mine is a Cloverleaf Professional Model and as mentioned by Han is thought to De-Gass Nitrite/Nitrogen converted gas more effectively via a `SprayBar` than the current drip tray incorporated Arrow http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?111288-Nitrite-spike?s=

My biggest problem being were I to fit a SprayBar would be loss of the tray I line with Filter Wool for fines removal currently. Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 am

I read most of the thread you linked, I cannot say I understand a lot of it. I read it a while ago also through a link you provided. The talk on shower design was interesting, the need for air and big flow rates but leaving enough surface area wet but not soaked was incorporated into the design of my shower..

How would I test to see if I am getting results from my shower design?

The difference between mine and the standard Bakki shower is the enclosed design of mine rather than the open slots at each joint in conventional showers.

I can feel the air being sucked into the top of the shower as the water drags it through. I intend to add two more slots to allow air in but only at the front. It would be great to be able to monitor the results before and after any mods.

I am also intend adding another 2 boxes of BHM to give more surface area and less "force" of water between levels.

An alternative to adding extra slots is to install a small fan to blow air into the shower. Fans and air movement are in my line of expertise so again, it would be good to be able to monitor any performance changes.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 am

alank wrote:I read most of the thread you linked, I cannot say I understand a lot of it. I read it a while ago also through a link you provided. The talk on shower design was interesting, the need for air and big flow rates but leaving enough surface area wet but not soaked was incorporated into the design of my shower..

How would I test to see if I am getting results from my shower design?

The difference between mine and the standard Bakki shower is the enclosed design of mine rather than the open slots at each joint in conventional showers.

I can feel the air being sucked into the top of the shower as the water drags it through. I intend to add two more slots to allow air in but only at the front. It would be great to be able to monitor the results before and after any mods.

I am also intend adding another 2 boxes of BHM to give more surface area and less "force" of water between levels.

An alternative to adding extra slots is to install a small fan to blow air into the shower. Fans and air movement are in my line of expertise so again, it would be good to be able to monitor any performance changes.

The greatest benefit from `Aerobic` Filtration IMO Alan is the likelihood that Nitrite conversion to Nitrogen Gas actually off-gasses (unlike Ammonia) instead of converting to Nitrate via De-Nitrification anaerobically which would require exposure to atmospheric `Air` via a Fan /more slots etc in order to carry this away.

The slot at the side of my TT is there to incorporate a `Fan` too .

To assess efficiency I would compare Nitrate Values before /After or like I did by experimenting with heavy duty DEMAND FEEDING in a bid to evaluate how rapidly the TT or Bakki can deal with such...

Mine eliminated a Nitrate Spike of 100 ppm within 24hrs following a Pump failure.

caveat ... please don`t stress sick Koi Babes by doing anything rash such as killing parameters atm .

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks Chi, the system will have a week of no interference and no feeding for a week from Saturday.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum