CHICHI-MIO

Half Empty pond

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Half Empty pond

Post by nmtsaki on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:59 am

Let's see if this works! Here's a video of my drained pond. Don't mind the by line! I was very lucky that my koi survived the ordeal. I have a 2000 gph pressure filter, whose inlet hose had popped off. Had been running for 5 years w/o incident. I have since put on a float switch, (scavenged from a sump pump) that should turn off the pump if this type of incident happens again.

nmtsaki

Back to top Go down

Re: Half Empty pond

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 am

nmtsaki wrote:Let's see if this works! Here's a video of my drained pond. Don't mind the by line! I was very lucky that my koi survived the ordeal. I have a 2000 gph pressure filter, whose inlet hose had popped off. Had been running for 5 years w/o incident. I have since put on a float switch, (scavenged from a sump pump) that should turn off the pump if this type of incident happens again.

My God Nancy Shocked

Great Call saving them all Sweetie Very Happy

I had the self same experience the Winter before last. Shocked

How is your lovely Soragoi now ?

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nmtsaki on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:16 am

She is doing much better. I think I was traumatized more than the fish were, although you never know. I've been checking for any signs of injury, and haven't seen any.

It's scary, isn't it? Would hate to have something like that happen in winter, although I have a long enough hose in the basement to top off the pond and do water changes in the winter, too.

My motto is: be prepared for anything! Very Happy
nmtsaki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum