CHICHI-MIO

Solar Energy

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Energy

Post by alank on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Well it seems if I install panels as intended, ie 2 banks of 7 sat on the roof on a frame, the south set will shade the other set in winter. Now I am going to remove my roof window and install a frame to take 14 panels to give me 4kw. The panels will cover 6m x 3m at an angle of 30 or 35 degrees. I have to get planning permission as well which is a major chore. Money for nothing for a beurocratic process that can take 8 weeks or more if they turn it down for any slight mistake etc on the plans.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 pm

alank wrote:Well it seems if I install panels as intended, ie 2 banks of 7 sat on the roof on a frame, the south set will shade the other set in winter. Now I am going to remove my roof window and install a frame to take 14 panels to give me 4kw. The panels will cover 6m x 3m at an angle of 30 or 35 degrees. I have to get planning permission as well which is a major chore. Money for nothing for a beurocratic process that can take 8 weeks or more if they turn it down for any slight mistake etc on the plans.

Alan ?

How much more would it cost you to have them F.I.T ed Laughing professionally Sweetie ? might be worth the extra to keep the council off your back ?

My roof is 45 degrees .... and I will need at least 4 KWT or I would not save much on bills ....

The Winter electricity costs monthly are expected to be 200 pounds sterling Twisted Evil with Gas use equivalent or MORE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Installation companies still need planning permission. I have a quote at 10500 all in for a 4kw system, the panels are JA solar and not very efficient.

I have started gathering info for plans, £150+ is the cost. I need to do a drawing for the frame but then they will ask for load and stress calculations at a further £80.00. it makes me sick.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:02 pm

If I go for the `Free` System (should the roof qualify) then it won`t matter about the F.I.T because it will be Ecovision`s loss not mine ?

They have a `Halloween` theme today which is quite amusing Laughing

http://ashadegreener.co.uk/?gclid=CISbvLbHiKwCFYULfAodm0PoAQ

What say you Guys ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Mio That is true, however I would imagine that the criteria for qualifying will be tighter again. meaning evrything will need to be spot on ie south facing,angle of roof and no shading, They might even withdraw the offer all together but could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:54 am

DaveB wrote:Mio That is true, however I would imagine that the criteria for qualifying will be tighter again. meaning evrything will need to be spot on ie south facing,angle of roof and no shading, They might even withdraw the offer all together but could be wrong.

I hope not given my recent `Electricity Bills` affraid

I can`t see many of them staying in business to be honest Dave.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Survey ?

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 am

So phar So Good BUT ?

In the contract it states IF `Renewable Benefit Payments`which are paid to the company by the government fall short of that expected I am expected to pay these myself ?

Dave do you know what the `Renewable Benefit Payments` subsidy from the Government is ? and is it a distinct payment from F.I.T ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:02 am

Well R.H.I appears NOT to be the same as the F.I.T scheme ?

http://www.which.co.uk/energy/creating-an-energy-saving-home/guides/renewable-heat-incentive-rhi-explained/

Still uncertain what it actually IS confused

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 am

Mio I was was looking at the possibility of heat pumps to heat the house if not the pond with will need more info . I have just got back from hospitlal after a fairly traumatic time. ( 3 hours on the operating table and a heart attack to be going on with)
If it states that you have to pat the company any shortfall you can count me out. However I would be intereted in buying a sysyem depending upon what you are payed per KWH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:29 am

DaveB wrote:Mio I was was looking at the possibility of heat pumps to heat the house if not the pond with will need more info . I have just got back from hospitlal after a fairly traumatic time. ( 3 hours on the operating table and a heart attack to be going on with)
If it states that you have to pat the company any shortfall you can count me out. However I would be intereted in buying a sysyem depending upon what you are payed per KWH

Dave ....

You Poor Love ! I was wondering how your procedure went?

Heart attacks (usually minor) can often occur as you know when traversing veins and arteries via catheters /stents etc ...

Hope you are well on the way to recovering now.

I`m unsure what the company mean via shortfalls Dave confused It could simply mean that should I do something to compromise the systems functioning which put the Solar Panels out of action for any length of time ? I would have to compensate for such ?

They did not even ask `How much Electricity` I used leading me to believe they are being subsidized via the Government whether I use it all or not ?

There is a subsidy for `Heat Pump`installations too I believe Dave but have not looked into this yet.

My Condensing Boiler is not 5 yrs old yet ... so no grant available for `Upgrading` the heating system any time soon Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Dave ...

Out of interest ? have your `Solar Panels` performed much better than expected recently given the extra Sunshine we have had lately Sweetie ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Mio The weather here has not been particularly sunny. However when it is the panles still produce 7kwhrs per day. The PG forcast for Nov Dec jan is only 1.5 kwhrs per day. Iam averaging over 2 kwhrs. So far for November. This is not a great deal as the sun is so low in the sky. However it is still much better than predicted. I am still waiting for my initial payment from Scotish Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 pm

The Energy Companies are a tad slow when it comes to refunds etc Dave Rolling Eyes Iv`e learned from personal experience... You`ll be due another payment by the time last quarter arrives ... chase it up Sweetie Smile

Great though that the SP`s are outperforming their predicted output for Autumn .. and long may it continue... Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:23 am

On returning home from hospital there was a nice surprise waiting for me a nice £347 as been paid directly into my bank account, so only had to wait 19 days which I believe is better than most energy companies. I have heard horror stories of people waiting as long as 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:16 am

Great News Dave Very Happy

I waited months for a refund from a well known `Utility` company a few moons ago Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:13 am

Hi Guys Solar panel up date. Just past the 800kwh mark. Unfortunately they are underpreforming at the moment. producing less then 2 kwhrs per day. however they do have the potential of stlill producing 4kwhrs per day on very bright sunny days so living in hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 am

Last two days have been brilliant a total of 9kwhs for 2 days.Predicted average for December is only 1.5kwhrs per day so well ahead at the moment for December. However the predicted average for November was 2.4kwhrs actual was the same.So spot on with the prediction.The FIT payments are indexed linked and due to increase in march. Which index I am not sure. Last time I looked The RPI which is running at 5.2% and CPI is running at 5% which will put the payments up to 45 to 46p per Kwh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 am

DaveB wrote:Last two days have been brilliant a total of 9kwhs for 2 days.Predicted average for December is only 1.5kwhrs per day so well ahead at the moment for December. However the predicted average for November was 2.4kwhrs actual was the same.So spot on with the prediction.The FIT payments are indexed linked and due to increase in march. Which index I am not sure. Last time I looked The RPI which is running at 5.2% and CPI is running at 5% which will put the payments up to 45 to 46p per Kwh

Phantastic News Dave Very Happy

Can`t wait for Alan to update his Solar Panel`s performance since they were installed recently Very Happy

I`m assuming ecovision have not been able to complete installations prior to the deadline and why i have heard nothing since Crying or Very sad

I`m pleased for u Guys though Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 am

I too am looking forward to hearing from Alan. Its been a while. Hope you are OK. Alan

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

I am fine Dave, I am busy with work for a change after a very slack 5 months. Now I am behind with everything and working constantly to catch up. I have not has the registration confirmation officially yet although I am assured it will be done in time. I will take some pictures as soon as the weather calms down a bit.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:27 am

Glad work has picked up for you Sweetie especially at such an `expensive` time of year ... Very Happy look forward to the pics and pray your not getting the `Scottish` Hurricane those poor souls have encountered today Shocked

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:59 am

The hurricane came through at about 12:00 pm, it was incredible. It was all over in about 10 minutes though. No damage to speak off.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 am

Good to hear from you Alank and your panels stayed in tact.Looking forward to hear how they proform.

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 am

My first chance to get on the roof today to get some photos of the solar panels. You can see they cast a shodow on each other at this time of day (14:30) and year (December) but they are still producing electricity. Not quite got my head around what all the figures mean as yet as I have been too busy. So far today, in 5 hours it has produced 2.54 kwh. Its been sunny on and off but the sun is very low in the sky.

I have ordered the blue tooth Sunny Beam system so I can see what is going on in my living room.

I have a bit of work to do tidying up the support timbers and checking they have not screwed through the roof where there may be standing water.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:12 am

Many Thank`s for braving the Weather to take the Pics for us Sweetie Very Happy

So glad you made the deadline for the higher Phit Laughing rate too Alan ...

Great job by all accounts .... you must be well pleased Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum