CHICHI-MIO

Solar Energy

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Energy

Post by DaveB on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Mio

Anual Preformance figures quoted by installer are 2871 KWh . Estimate by PVGIS is 2540 KWh per year This seems to be the one everyone is using online)

Panel warrenty is 5yrs but preformance is 90% for 10 yrs, 80% for 15 yrs.So Not sure what this means, but if one of the panels fail then surely this means that it is preforming less than the 90 or 80 percent and therefore will be replaced free of charge. Fronius Inverter 5 years, however there is a special offer on until october, if you pay £195 for an extra 5yrs then you get another 10 yers free.totaling 20 yrs

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Those are similar percentages British Gas are quoting for the new Panasonic smaller Solar Panels ...

Are you heating the Pond atm Dave ?

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 am

Mio

Yes I am currently heating at the mo using a 3 kw heater throughout the day. However this is slightly too large, A 1 kw heater would be a better option as this could be used for most of time wilst generating energy and if used carefully could be used free of charge. I also use a gas boiler to heat for a couple of hours during the night to prevent too large a drop in temp overnight. And of coarse this will be required more as the days get shorter and less energy is produced from the panels. best regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 am

DaveB wrote:Mio

Yes I am currently heating at the mo using a 3 kw heater throughout the day. However this is slightly too large, A 1 kw heater would be a better option as this could be used for most of time wilst generating energy and if used carefully could be used free of charge. I also use a gas boiler to heat for a couple of hours during the night to prevent too large a drop in temp overnight. And of coarse this will be required more as the days get shorter and less energy is produced from the panels. best regards Dave

I`m running an Elecro 3kwt heater along with a 500 wt Titanium heater on both ponds which are mostly kicking it at night ...

Mine are at 22C (Koi) 25C (Tropical G-Fish pond) Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cloud Cover?

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 am

If your experiencing the `Inundation `
we have been getting over the past few days Dave Rolling Eyes How are the Panels doing?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 am

Mio

Yesterday was probably the worst day we have had this year. Raining most of the day with dark clouds all day. Output from solar panels still managed to produce 3kwh. Down quite a bit from the day before. Today is slightly better however no blue sky whatsoever but produced 8kwh at the mo. According to the PVGIS website the daily average is 10kwh per day for august for my location/orientation and roof inclination. So above that at the mo . Unfortunately the forcast is for some sun on tuesday but the rest of the week is pretty poor.

Best regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 pm

DaveB wrote:Mio

Yesterday was probably the worst day we have had this year. Raining most of the day with dark clouds all day. Output from solar panels still managed to produce 3kwh. Down quite a bit from the day before. Today is slightly better however no blue sky whatsoever but produced 8kwh at the mo. According to the PVGIS website the daily average is 10kwh per day for august for my location/orientation and roof inclination. So above that at the mo . Unfortunately the forcast is for some sun on tuesday but the rest of the week is pretty poor.

Best regards Dave

One Customer quoted saving 3 pounds sterling per day Dave..

Are you saving anywhere near that figure.

My total Gallonage of Water maintained (heated etc) is around 2,000 and my Winter electricity bills averaged 35 pound per week.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Mio

hard to say at the mo due to very poor weather. Does the £3.00 per day include the fits. I am averaging 13kwh per day which I have used most if not all of it which is currently above the PVGIS estimation of 10 kwh per day. At current electricity charges including vat is only £1.30 per day however if added to the FITs payment o f43.3X 13+£5.63 then add this to the £1.30 then the saving is substantial.

If however if I were on the rent a roof sceme I would only save £1.30. However do remember, apart from one day the weather has been apalling. The one good day produced 20 kwhrs which would save you £2.00. I think making a saving of £3.00 per day is possible if you are being charged higher per KWh and you have close to the 4 KW system and facing south then I suppose it is possible, however I think you would not get this on most days. see

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3205860

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm

No Dave .... She was on one of the `Free` Solar Panel` contracts but did have a 4 KWT system installed...and only had to top up with 5 pounds per week....

She confined most of her usage to daylight hours which I cannot due to the Pond heaters kicking in mostly at night even During Summer.

Your savings are impressive Very Happy and why buying the Panels outright is not only a good investment ... but a step toward environmental conservation also Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Not a cloud in the sky, just waiting for the sun to come to its zenith then around to the west. Standing by ready to switch heaters on if output is high enough. yesterday produced 15kwh and at one point the max out was 3.8kw and that was at 3.00pm which is great as the system is rated at 3.68kw. The extra is something to do with refracted light( sun partially shaded by a cloud edge) and the temp of the panels. The cooler they are the more efficient. Hope I can break my record today of 20kwh.

Total so far 120Kwh in 12 days. Fits £51.96 +12 days approx reduction on bill of 10kwh per day average is £12.00 + 3p for 60kwh assumed to be putback into the grid+ £1.80 total so far=£65.76

Its now beginning to look better

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 am

At this rate Dave ? How long will the system take to pay for itself ... Investment wise ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Mio

There are really 2 ways to look atAssuming PVGIC estimation is correct ( slightly down at the moment)

One is to save everything you make including what is shaved off the bills and what is assumed to be put into the grid. Devide this into the £10,410 cost of installation. This is 7.8 years. However if the 10,410 where put into a savings acount and then compared it is longer 10 years. There are lots of unknown factors such as inflation, increases in fits payments, interest rates, maintenance etc etc. However I am looking at it as an annuity.( never get your money back) whereby I invest £10,410 and get paid at least 10% per anum.

I am beginning to sound like a double glazing salesmen

Best REgards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Laughing 10% per Annum sounds like a reasonable return to me ... wish I had the Cash to purchase these outright myself Dave ... more-so since the WLP is currently `Tropical` Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 am

I had a quote last week from a national company, the other two didnt bother turning up. I have been quoted £14.5 k for a 3.82 kw system with 16 panels and support frame on a flat south facing roof. I will get a local company to quote this week.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:55 am

alank wrote:I had a quote last week from a national company, the other two didnt bother turning up. I have been quoted £14.5 k for a 3.82 kw system with 16 panels and support frame on a flat south facing roof. I will get a local company to quote this week.

DaveB has researched providers extensively Alan prior to `committing` himself ..

I will leave you in his most capable hands on that score Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

alank wrote:I had a quote last week from a national company, the other two didnt bother turning up. I have been quoted £14.5 k for a 3.82 kw system with 16 panels and support frame on a flat south facing roof. I will get a local company to quote this week.

Hello Alank

before doing anything tke a look at this forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100 before you decide. ( this is where I got most of my info from before I decided to go ahead)You might like to get a quote from Tesco which until the end of Aug currently have a 20% discount.( so you would have to be quick) I don.t know what area you live in, but after spending a long time and quite a few national and local firm quotes I eventually decided to go local. The price for mine was £10.4K for 3.68kw system. Unfortunately I could not go higher as it may have been necessary to upgrade cables to house. Something which I found out from the electrical generation company NEDL.for my area.

I am not sure what the extra cost for the different support frame for a flat roof, to modifiy the angle of the panels to optimum, ie 30 to 35 deg ( my roof slopes at 30 deg).Best of luck with this and do let us know how you get along.

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks Dave, incidentally, are you DaveJ elsewhere?

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Allas No. I have always been the same DaveB or b.

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

August Average

Post by DaveB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:55 am

Hi All

The average for August was just over 10kwh per day. which is just about what was predicted by the PVGIS website, even though it has been the worst August weatherwise for quite a long time. Fingers crossed for a better autumn.

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:10 am

DaveB wrote:Hi All

The average for August was just over 10kwh per day. which is just about what was predicted by the PVGIS website, even though it has been the worst August weatherwise for quite a long time. Fingers crossed for a better autumn.

Best Regards Dave

A Veritable `Indian Summer` heatwave has been in vogue today here Dave Shocked

Long may it continue. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 am

Mio Not so here, we are still a couple of degrees below the norm for this time of year However panels managed to produce 12 kwh, eventhough it has been fairly cloudy for most of the daY. Best regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:46 pm

DaveB wrote:Mio Not so here, we are still a couple of degrees below the norm for this time of year However panels managed to produce 12 kwh, eventhough it has been fairly cloudy for most of the daY. Best regards Dave

I spoke prematurely Dave Rolling Eyes

Very grey and overcast here today ... but great to hear the panels are still productive during poorly sunlit days Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Mio Same here. I am now looking forward to my first FIT payment which will be due on the 1st of November and then quaterly after that. Yesterday made 12kwh which according to PVGIS websiite is the daily average for May,June & July. Wihch are the highest 3 months of the year.and yesterday was cloudy for most of the day. I am sure getting a better summer than we just have the potential to produce much more than 12kwh is there. ( one nice day in august produced 20kwh double the PVGIS average) Fingers croosed for a mild sunny winter.

Best Regards Dave
DaveB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 pm

DaveB wrote:Mio Same here. I am now looking forward to my first FIT payment which will be due on the 1st of November and then quaterly after that. Yesterday made 12kwh which according to PVGIS websiite is the daily average for May,June & July. Wihch are the highest 3 months of the year.and yesterday was cloudy for most of the day. I am sure getting a better summer than we just have the potential to produce much more than 12kwh is there. ( one nice day in august produced 20kwh double the PVGIS average) Fingers croosed for a mild sunny winter.

Best Regards Dave

How are the Panels performing now Dave ... assuming you have our current wicked Welsh weather Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Mio

Currently Above estimation for september, producing similar output to august. Just got my electricity bill for first completed month and shaved £50 off . So togetherwith FITS . Its now looking good. Best Regards Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum