CHICHI-MIO

Solar Energy

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Energy

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

DaveB wrote:Temperature here have plumbeted. Zero during the night and 9 degs max yesterday. Next week forcasts a max of 6 degs and snow on high ground. I new it would be too good to last

Try not to focus on the `too good to be true`aspect Dave ... for now Sweetie ..

Just ENJOY the record breaking sunny Winter/Spring Temps and sunny Sunshine we have Very Happy

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Another record breaking day yesterday ,19kwhrs this year and only 1 kwh short of last years at the beginning of august of 20kwhrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 pm

DaveB wrote:Another record breaking day yesterday ,19kwhrs this year and only 1 kwh short of last years at the beginning of august of 20kwhrs

Incredible Very Happy WOW Dave .....

Hope you milked it for all it was worth .. appliance-wise Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Yes everything running Washing machine, dish washer, Waterfall & water over rock ornement

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 pm

DaveB wrote:Yes everything running Washing machine, dish washer, Waterfall & water over rock ornement

All Good News Sweetie Very Happy

I have not heard anything from the Local SP Company yet Dave ... but more are calling with similar deals which we will take up asap....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 am

Ours managed 20 kwh on the 5th and a total of 579.22 since the 1st December 2011 and today. I must get the heat pump going soon before I take the covers off.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 am

alank wrote:Ours managed 20 kwh on the 5th and a total of 579.22 since the 1st December 2011 and today. I must get the heat pump going soon before I take the covers off.

Awesome Alan ..

Nice to see you logged back in Sweetie Very Happy

Hope Life is GOOD for U Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 am

After 7 months of very little work, I have been mad busy since New Year. Trying to catch up on some rest over Easter.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 am

Helo Allan great to hear from you again. I have now been running my heat pump for a few weeks now. Looking forward to some free heat on the pond this summer. You must be really pleased with your panels so far this year

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 am

Hi Dave, like you I am well chuffed. We are slowly getting into the habit of using the appliances when the sun is shining. An auto switch would be good to turn on some things when power generation is high, or a light sensor to switch on the heaters when the sun is shining.

Only 3.91 kwh so far today however it has been raining steadily.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 am

Let me know if you come across any light sensitive switches. That would come on when enough power is generated. I bet there are spare relays in the inverters. However any tampering wou;d make garantees void. I am currently now running the heat pump during the afternoon, some days it is totally free other days not so good but hoping to get some really good temps on the pond without breaking the bank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:45 am

Worse week yet for solar panels , comparitively speeking. average only 8kwhrs per day compaired to estmated 9kwhrs for April. Some rally C***y weather. Hopefully it will improve for the rest of April and smash the record of 20kwhrs inone day. Interstingly the max yesterday was 3.8kw and the system is only rated at 3.68kw. It will be interesting to see how high it will go

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi Guys Just wondering how Alan and Mio are getting on with there solar panels( Mio Hope you are closer to getting them fitted) After the worst weather for april in 300 years and first half of May not much better. I am currently just under prediction for April. On the plus side however. I just recieved a record energy produced of 25kwhrs for one day. So the potential is there to get a great output. I now only have 2.5 months left for the anerversary, so hopefully I will still excead the prediction. I have just recieved another payment from Scotich Power for £320.So looking for a nice showa/sanke

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

DaveB wrote:Hi Guys Just wondering how Alan and Mio are getting on with there solar panels( Mio Hope you are closer to getting them fitted) After the worst weather for april in 300 years and first half of May not much better. I am currently just under prediction for April. On the plus side however. I just recieved a record energy produced of 25kwhrs for one day. So the potential is there to get a great output. I now only have 2.5 months left for the anerversary, so hopefully I will still excead the prediction. I have just recieved another payment from Scotich Power for £320.So looking for a nice showa/sanke

The last two days of `Sunshine` here took both ponds UP 4C Dave Shocked so i`m not surprised your SP`S Spiked in output ... and long may it continue Sweetie Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 am

22 kw today and yesterday, total of 1098.79 since 30 November. Best period was march when they produced 318 kwh. 22 May, total is 275 kwh which is exactly what was produced in the whole of April.

Interestingly, today I had a power outage when the main elcb tripped due to some problem on the pond. The Sunnybeam system stopped recording at 13:30 and started again at 15:30 when I got home and reset the tripped elcb. I have just installed one of these
http://www.blue-lagoon-uvc.com/blue-lagoon-uv-c-amalgaam/uv-c-amalgaam-150-000-ltr-/prod_10.html

I think the additional wattage may have just taken the socket over the edge. Needless to say, I have rewired the whole pond/ fliter house as I dare not risk that happening again.

Last edited by alank on Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

Problem spotted and swiftly `Solved` ... Good call Sweetie .... Very Happy

It happened to me last week whereupon I immediately began replacing ALL of the Water ....

Love your new UVC Alan ... I want One Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed May 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Interesting yesterday was the sunniest day so far with another 22kwhrs. The day the panels produced 25kwhrs was partially cloudy and very cold. Also the maximum outputs were corispondingly higher ie 3 kwhrs and 3.8kwhrs. This is something to do with the efficiency of panels at colder temps and refracted light is less when cloudy???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 am

No Internet ALL Day today as BT were renewing the Pole and lines which are much taller than the previous Poles meaning my Fave Tree out front can remain planted for a few yrs longer Very Happy

Beautiful Day here today ... Hope you Guys had Fab Day too Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Thu May 24, 2012 6:40 am

Very sunny and hot today but strangely enough, only 17.86 kwh. However, the heat pump has not come on all day, this morning,n pond was 20 deg c, this evening its 21.7, the shower is sucking the heat out of the air. I have started taking the sides off the pond now to get some air in.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 pm

AlankPossiblyonce the panels heat up they are not as efficient. Also I find there is quite a lot of light reflected off clouds. My panels are facing west and when the sun is in the east(morning) on a partial cloudy day the panels will produce as much as 1kw. On a sunny day much less is produced in the morning.Also Much cooler temps here in the North east, a max of 20 degs Probably cooler again on the roof as a nice breeze is blowing. Output for yesterday 22 kwhrs

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm

It has been a while since I posted on this subject. So I thought I would update you guys. Due to the wettest summer on record ( so far) It is safe to say that the last 2 months have been dissapointing. As these are the 2 months where the estimations are the highest ie 12.5kwhrs per day we have only produced 10kwhrs. What amazes me is that we have made even that as you can count the sunny days on one hand. Truely awfull.

Due to this poor weather I have been unable to run the heat pump for free. However I have been running it during the day anyway when ambient temperature are higher and therfore COP figures are also at a max. Lets hope there is an inprovement for July and August. Fingers crossed. Best REgards Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

June has been grim, we have managed 310 kwh compared to 440 in May and 315 in March. I run the heat pump midnight until 5 am, 13:00 until 16:00 and 20:00 until 22:00, all on half price leccy, any solar input means its free. Ask (demand) economy 10 from your supplier Dave, they gave me a lot of BS about it not being available in my area but when I threatened to switch, they caved in and I save a fortune with it.

The covers are off now so I have dropped the temps to 19.5 and it is easily maintaining that with just a few hours per day.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:08 pm

June ? has not been `Flaming` here either Sweetie ... Hope July is better Very Happy

Koi Vat Temps are averaging 20C recently ... covers off and unheated ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 pm

alank wrote:June has been grim, we have managed 310 kwh compared to 440 in May and 315 in March. I run the heat pump midnight until 5 am, 13:00 until 16:00 and 20:00 until 22:00, all on half price leccy, any solar input means its free. Ask (demand) economy 10 from your supplier Dave, they gave me a lot of BS about it not being available in my area but when I threatened to switch, they caved in and I save a fortune with it.

The covers are off now so I have dropped the temps to 19.5 and it is easily maintaining that with just a few hours per day.

Alank Thanks for the input. I have looked into the ecko 7 ,but not lately. I think it all depends upon what you are paying per Kwh during the day as well. Pitty you can,t just run everything during the night. remember I have gas central heating which I still think is the cheaper option in winter.

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm

DaveB wrote:
alank wrote:June has been grim, we have managed 310 kwh compared to 440 in May and 315 in March. I run the heat pump midnight until 5 am, 13:00 until 16:00 and 20:00 until 22:00, all on half price leccy, any solar input means its free. Ask (demand) economy 10 from your supplier Dave, they gave me a lot of BS about it not being available in my area but when I threatened to switch, they caved in and I save a fortune with it.

Alank Thanks for the input. I have looked into the ecko 7 ,but not lately. I think it all depends upon what you are paying per Kwh during the day as well. Pitty you can,t just run everything during the night. remember I have gas central heating which I still think is the cheaper option in winter.

I have economy 10 Dave, it gives half price electricity during all off peak hours, not just overnight.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum