CHICHI-MIO

Solar Energy

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Solar Energy

Post by alank on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:27 am

DaveB wrote:Hi Guys

Despite the heavy frosts today with a maximum temp of +1 . The panels produced a wopping 4.7 kwhrs the best so far for 2012 and a max of 1.3kw at any one time. Fingers crossed for more of the same please.

Hi Dave, today we produced 5.1 kWh with a maximum of 2 kW per hour between 12:30 and 13:45. 4.21kWh yesterday, cloudy between 11: and 12:45. The info the data logger spits out is very detailed.

Producing between 9:00 am and 16:00.

We have the fire lit using smokeless coal. Its burning 20kg (£6.90), over 36 hours on a low setting, even with -4 last night, the whole house is warm. We have the underfloor heating on 24/7 set to 15 deg. so its not on all of the time. The conservatory which is the coldest room and gets no sun whatsoever was at 17.5 deg today. The coal may seem expensive but the fabric of the house is warm.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:07 am

Admins wrote:
DaveB wrote:Hi Guys

Despite the heavy frosts today with a maximum temp of +1 . The panels produced a wopping 4.7 kwhrs the best so far for 2012 and a max of 1.3kw at any one time. Fingers crossed for more of the same please.

Awesome Dave Very Happy

Bright and sunny here too until this evening ..

What is the Jan predicted output generally Question
For my system only 1.8 kwhrs per day

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 am

Crazy January Pond Temps along with the Glorious sunny ..which my US Friends are emulating from the feedback I have been given ....

Guess you Guys will soon be exporting energy and reaping the benefits via the P.H.I.T Very Happy

Great Stuff Very Happy

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Its good to watch the Owl meter which monitors electricity usage, normally it is about 1kW being used, when its sunny, this falls dramatically, 10:10 am now and its running at 0.225 kW

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Currently, we are exporting 0.76kW to the grid.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:58 am

alank wrote:Currently, we are exporting 0.76kW to the grid.

Any idea how much money your SP`s are saving you yet Alan ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 am

alank wrote:Currently, we are exporting 0.76kW to the grid.

How are you measuring you export ? Is this done by your sunny boy or OWL meter?. If you have one of the old mechanical electric mains meters, I have heard that these actually can and do run backwards and unfortunately for Electricity supply companies not too many people are complaining about this.I am still not exporting yet with a max of 1.3 kw ( usage 1.5kw) but still managed a grand totalof 4.2kwhrs

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 am

We have a modern meter so it doesn't go backwards. The owl shows how much we use, generally about 1kW to 1.2kW. The Sunnybeam monitor shows how much is generated at a given moment, I know that if we are generating more than 1 or 1.2 KW, we are exporting. The Owl shows how much power is going through the cable, it doesn't show which way the power is going but whatever it shows when the Sunnybeam is showing high generation will be power being exported.

The Sunnybeam says we have earned just £21.61 but that's only based on power generated at £0.43p. We are gaining because we are not paying for electricity. Not sure how it all works TBH.

Total generated since 17th December when I bought the monitor is 50.24 kWh. The highest, (just) was today at 5.22 kWh. The graph of power generation took a nosedive at 13:45 today, not sure why as it was clear. Yesterday, the graph shows two big dips in generation when cloudy.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 am

alank wrote:We have a modern meter so it doesn't go backwards. The owl shows how much we use, generally about 1kW to 1.2kW. The Sunnybeam monitor shows how much is generated at a given moment, I know that if we are generating more than 1 or 1.2 KW, we are exporting. The Owl shows how much power is going through the cable, it doesn't show which way the power is going but whatever it shows when the Sunnybeam is showing high generation will be power being exported.

The Sunnybeam says we have earned just £21.61 but that's only based on power generated at £0.43p. We are gaining because we are not paying for electricity. Not sure how it all works TBH.

Total generated since 17th December when I bought the monitor is 50.24 kWh. The highest, (just) was today at 5.22 kWh. The graph of power generation took a nosedive at 13:45 today, not sure why as it was clear. Yesterday, the graph shows two big dips in generation when cloudy.

Interesting I will check my OWL meter ( although not very accurate in my view) the next time I start exporting should not be too long,I hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 am

It truly is `Spring-Like` here in the `Welsh Tundra` Very Happy I used more electricity to heat the Ponds during Summer than I have since Shocked

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Admins wrote:It truly is `Spring-Like` here in the `Welsh Tundra` Very Happy I used more electricity to heat the Ponds during Summer than I have since Shocked
They say it is more expensive in summer as heat escapes with the covers off.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:05 pm

i agree Dave, the Owl tends to be inaccurate on motors. mine reads high when connected to a motor lead. it gives a guide though.

less than 2 kW produced over the last 2 days.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:30 am

alank wrote:Shocked
They say it is more expensive in summer as heat escapes with the covers off.

It does Sweetie ... Smile especially at night Crying or Very sad

We had such a `Dismal` Summer Alan here in the `Welsh Tundra that maintaining plus 20C in the Koi Vat and 25C in the tropical WLP meant both heaters were on virtually constantly. Shocked

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Yesterday We produced over 5 kwhrs the highest this year and at one stage we exported 200 watts for a very short time asthe panels were producing 1.7 kw. This I believe is much higher than the prediction which if you remember is for an almost west facing roof. Just goes to show what can be achievied with perfect condition. I understand that estimations/predictions are based on 25 deg c and will be higher at cooler temps and also less refraction/reflection as the sun is lower in the sky. Also I believe the sky is much clearer in the winter than summer. I don,t think the estimations take these things into account so even a 3.68kw system could produce nearer 4kw in ideal conditions. Looking forward to future developments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 pm

5 KWT`s Shocked Brilliant Sweetie Very Happy

The Winter Sun can be `Blindingly` Bright which few people acknowledge as you have mentioned Dave .... http://safetytoolboxtalks.com/toolbox-talks-mainmenu-2/24-seasonal/305-protection-from-winter-sun ... A Good Thing for both yours and Alan`s SP`s though Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Yesterday was also the first day for sitting in the conservatory, due to chopping down the silver birch tree. In previous years it would be march before the sun was sufficient to warm up the conservatory. I was almost tempted to wip the covers off the pond. Only joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 am

DaveB wrote:Yesterday was also the first day for sitting in the conservatory, due to chopping down the silver birch tree. In previous years it would be march before the sun was sufficient to warm up the conservatory. I was almost tempted to wip the covers off the pond. Only joking.

This is the second day my Kitchen French Doors have been open most of the day this year Guys Very Happy Unheard of during previous Winters Shocked

Tis a pity we don`t have the `Slide Away` type Pond covers available for Pools Dave Arrow http://www.slidaway.co.uk/home.htm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 am

I have been reminded on Money saving expert to ensure that I submit an extra meter reading on 31st of March( normally 31st of january then next one 30th April) to ensure no confusion as Fit payment is due a RPI increase on 1st of APril ( Dec 2011 RPI 4.8%)Not sure what dates you will be submitting your readings Alan but thought you might find this interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 am

I have no info as yet Dave, just that the system is registered. I am hoping it will all be backdated. Not produced much for last 3 days as it has been bleak here, though relatively warm.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 pm

alank wrote:I have no info as yet Dave, just that the system is registered. I am hoping it will all be backdated. Not produced much for last 3 days as it has been bleak here, though relatively warm.

Alan

The meter which was installed should start at zero when fitted and when you send in your first meter reading it will be back dated from zero. Try and find out off you suppier when they need your first meter reading is to be sent in. My supplier sent me a welcome pack explaining everything to me.

Yet another great day here for solar panels but then the next few days are cloudy but warmer. So when panels have low output and warmer weather I loose on electricity and gain on less gas being used on heating. This last week has seen the highest gas consumption since last winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 pm

sunny sunny here too if a tad cloudy Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Ecovision emailed me this today Guys Cool

A 4KWT system for £7999 ...

http://www.ecovisionsystems.co.uk/residential/solar-calculator.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

Mio Sound good even with the reduced FIT payment. Hope I am not stating the obvious but Please do some research on Ecovision before comitting.

The solar panels have been working extremely well since the beginning of febuary. This past week has generated nearly 5kwh per day ( 1.7kwhr is the estimated daily power generated for febuary) so well over at the moment. I have also been trying to put the dish washer on at Peak time when panels are now producing 2kw and which of 500w would be going to the grid. I did not expect to be doing this so early in the year.

I have just submitted my meter reading for the past qtr and have totaled 947 kwhrs since insatllation. can,t wait to see what they make during the summer months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am

5KWT`s is Fab for early Feb Dave Very Happy the traditional COLDEST month of the year ....

I`m looking at various deals atm and will research them thoroughly prior to committing to any Sweetie Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 am

Just clocked up 6.8 kwhrs today which is better than some days last august. Average for febuary so far is 4.7kwhrs per day. All looking good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum