CHICHI-MIO

Shower mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shower mods

Post by alank on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I have had my home made BHM shower up and running for almost a year now. The Persex front panel became unsightly with algae and the BHM was green with the stuff too. Also, I have a K1 home made filter on a skimmer which I want to get rid of as it is an additional pump.

I took the front off the shower, added a big box of crystal bio media, covered this with a layer of Japanese matting and put the BHM back on top. I then made a new front to replace the Perspex. This is made from Japanese matting. I have added several plants to this as an experiment. It all seems to be working well after about 6 weeks.

I will take some pics later.

alank

Back to top Go down

Re: Shower mods

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 pm

alank wrote:I have had my home made BHM shower up and running for almost a year now. The Persex front panel became unsightly with algae and the BHM was green with the stuff too. Also, I have a K1 home made filter on a skimmer which I want to get rid of as it is an additional pump.

I took the front off the shower, added a big box of crystal bio media, covered this with a layer of Japanese matting and put the BHM back on top. I then made a new front to replace the Perspex. This is made from Japanese matting. I have added several plants to this as an experiment. It all seems to be working well after about 6 weeks.

I will take some pics later.

Sounds Fab Very Happy

Can`t wait to see the Pics Sweetie ...

Have Amm/Nit/Nat parameters reduced since the planting Alan ?

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:37 pm

I have changed the way I do things now Mio. I have always had high nitrate, this came in with the 1000 ltrs per day water trickle. I now keep the water for longer and the nitrate counts are definitely coming down. I doubt the plants are having any effect as yet as the root system needs to get established in the Japanese matting.

As foe amm and nitrite, they have not been of any real significance for well over a year now. I knocked the filters back a few weeks ago but they have recovered very quickly.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum