CHICHI-MIO

Settling in period

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Settling in period

Post by DaveB on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:12 pm

It has been suggested to me that I wait a week before treating the new sanke, however due to the extent of the damage to the underneath( area between fins) which was not too bad,when first bowled but noticed had flared up due to probably the stress of the journey. AS this is the first time I have bought koi in this condition I have no real experience. personally I would rather just see how she is and after a few day have everything at the ready including antibiotics and take a look.What say you

Back to top Go down

Re: Settling in period

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm

DaveB wrote:It has been suggested to me that I wait a week before treating the new sanke, however due to the extent of the damage to the underneath( area between fins) which was not too bad,when first bowled but noticed had flared up due to probably the stress of the journey. AS this is the first time I have bought koi in this condition I have no real experience. personally I would rather just see how she is and after a few day have everything at the ready including antibiotics and take a look.What say you

Dave your Water Parameters are so very near PERFECT Very Happy I would simply allow the new Koi Babe to settle in whilst keeping an eye on her without frettting about them Sweetie Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I think I will now have to thin out my stock as I am starting to look a bit overstockked in my view. I am sure my filtration system will handle just about anything. However I am concerned about oxygen levels when and if the warm sultry weather arrives, if it ever does. Air going into the pond has been increased to 1x 80 ltr Hiblow, 3x 40 ltr Hiblow, 1 venturi , 1 shower & waterfall.Quite a lot really so should be OK. Just off to do a test now

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:13 pm

DaveB wrote:I think I will now have to thin out my stock as I am starting to look a bit overstockked in my view. I am sure my filtration system will handle just about anything. However I am concerned about oxygen levels when and if the warm sultry weather arrives, if it ever does. Air going into the pond has been increased to 1x 80 ltr Hiblow, 3x 40 ltr Hiblow, 1 venturi , 1 shower & waterfall.Quite a lot really so should be OK. Just off to do a test now

Calculator here Sweetie Very Happy http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk/t128-dissolved-oxygen-calculator

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum