CHICHI-MIO

Transporting Koi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transporting Koi

Post by DaveB on Wed May 30, 2012 7:50 pm

I have the chance to buy some large (60cm)high grade koi from a guy packing in the hobby. He is aproximately 2 hours drive in the car . Allowing for bagging time, possible traffic delays and floating at this end. Say a maximum of 4 hours. I am having difficulty sourcing an oxygen bottle. Would there be any problems just pressurising the bag with air. The bags are very large. Is it possible to add a very small amout of hydrogen peroxide to the bag and mixing prior to putting the koi in. Or is there anything else.I could add other than oxygen. Best REgards Dave

Back to top Go down

Re: Transporting Koi

Post by Admin on Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 pm

DaveB wrote:I have the chance to buy some large (60cm)high grade koi from a guy packing in the hobby. He is aproximately 2 hours drive in the car . Allowing for bagging time, possible traffic delays and floating at this end. Say a maximum of 4 hours. I am having difficulty sourcing an oxygen bottle. Would there be any problems just pressurising the bag with air. The bags are very large. Is it possible to add a very small amout of hydrogen peroxide to the bag and mixing prior to putting the koi in. Or is there anything else.I could add other than oxygen. Best REgards Dave

Is there a Koi Dealer locally who has access to bottled 02 Dave? Plenty of Fishkeepers do .. or know where to get some ..

Large Koi would be better transported this way IMO ...

H202 would not be something I would advise for a 4 hr drive Sweetie ...

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am

I am having great difficulty finding an oxygen supplier were cylinders are supplied complete with regulators for hire.I have spent nearly all day trying. I have even tried a few koi outlets. Sadly nothing. I might have to just let this opertunity go. What a shame

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 am

I guys I have managed to get hold of an oxygen cylinder and everything I need from an old friend who is well known in the show circles. So hopefully the trip will be worth while and I will return with some nice koi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 31, 2012 7:47 am

DaveB wrote:I guys I have managed to get hold of an oxygen cylinder and everything I need from an old friend who is well known in the show circles. So hopefully the trip will be worth while and I will return with some nice koi

Brilliant News Sweetie Very Happy

Do take Pics of them Dave and post them here if you have time Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 pm

I will leave my camera in an obvious place so as not to forget. Terrible thing this old age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 31, 2012 8:04 pm

DaveB wrote:I will leave my camera in an obvious place so as not to forget. Terrible thing this old age.

Your as `Old` as you `FEEL` Dave Laughing and most of us still feel like Children Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Guys . Up early this morning and off to hull to see what is left as someone has reserved several koi before me but will only buy 2 or 3. I am particularly interested in a Sanke & showa ( need some red and white in the pond) Unfortunately the person who is before me has researved all the showas. Here is a link to the pictures of the koi. Some koi have a few marks and are not as in good condition since the photos were taken and this is reflected in the price.

http://www.koivista.com/index.php?display=series&series=3900

I have reserved the large sanke, shiro utsuri ( which is as the photo) and the goromo. ( No obligation to buy anything)If the guy before does not take all the showas, who knows I might comeback with a showa instead of what I have reserved. Wish me luck. Hope its a worthwhile trip. Best Regards Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Omosako Shiro are my Favourite Shiro Breeder Dave Very Happy

Like the Goromo and Sanke too ... some very nice Koi Babes there Smile but my personal choice would be the Kigoi ... I love them Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm

The Kigoi was the first koi he sold. The day went well and the guy who was before me did not turn up.So I picked out the two I was looking for The large sanke & showa which I purchased after bowling . It was immediately obviuos that although the koi were feeding and on the surface looked well enough, but underneath showed signs of sitting on the bottom.So there is some work to do there.Next was the shiro which was in perfect health. I only wish I took some more money as the kumonryu is a cracker. All in all it was definately worth the trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 pm

DaveB wrote:The Kigoi was the first koi he sold. The day went well and the guy who was before me did not turn up.So I picked out the two I was looking for The large sanke & showa which I purchased after bowling . It was immediately obviuos that although the koi were feeding and on the surface looked well enough, but underneath showed signs of sitting on the bottom.So there is some work to do there.Next was the shiro which was in perfect health. I only wish I took some more money as the kumonryu is a cracker. All in all it was definately worth the trip.

Glad your Happy with them Sweetie ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am

Mio can,t resist the temptation I am on my way again on tuesday with more cash in hand. I really can,t pass up an opertunity as good as this . Such excellent quality and with a bit TLC should hopefully get them tip top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 am

DaveB wrote:Mio can,t resist the temptation I am on my way again on tuesday with more cash in hand. I really can,t pass up an opertunity as good as this . Such excellent quality and with a bit TLC should hopefully get them tip top.

Hope the Komonryu you fancied is still available Dave ... and pleased you have another day out to look forward to Sweetie ... and btw where are those Pics you promised Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Mio Just as I was about to take a photo my battery failed I will try and take a few photos in the pond, but the Sanky is only swimming at the surface when no one is there. As soon as I aproach the pond she swims to the lower depths. The shiro has settled in quite well and is feeding readily. The showa on occation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum