CHICHI-MIO

Bridge over the river kwai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridge over the river kwai

Post by DaveB on Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Folks. My 12ft curved bridge which spans the widest part of the pond which I build more than 10 years ago has finally given up.One of the main beams has broke midway due to excessive wieght( 3 large people on it). After removing it piece by piece I noticed several parts were rotton so have condemed it. Sad to see it go as it was a real eye catcher. However the plus side is. There were quite a few casualties due to koi knocking themselves especially during spawning as it was probabaly too close to the surface of the wate. . I will not be building a new one for health reasons. But enjoying the new look as the pond looks a lot bigger without it. So that is the weeping silver birch gone last year and now the bridge so a complete new look to the garden.

Back to top Go down

Bridge-Over-The -River COY ?

Post by Admin on Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm

DaveB wrote:Hi Folks. My 12ft curved bridge which spans the widest part of the pond which I build more than 10 years ago has finally given up.One of the main beams has broke midway due to excessive wieght( 3 large people on it). After removing it piece by piece I noticed several parts were rotton so have condemed it. Sad to see it go as it was a real eye catcher. However the plus side is. There were quite a few casualties due to koi knocking themselves especially during spawning as it was probabaly too close to the surface of the wate. . I will not be building a new one for health reasons. But enjoying the new look as the pond looks a lot bigger without it. So that is the weeping silver birch gone last year and now the bridge so a complete new look to the garden.

How about an `OVER POND BRIDGE` ? If the Bridge was important to you Sweetie Very Happy http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=over+pond+bridge+pics&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Cv22T_mKEdLB8QOikMmXCg&ved=0CIsBELAE&biw=1280&bih=709

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bridge over the river kwai

Post by DaveB on Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Mio I designed the bridge on the very first one in your link. I will have a look at the cost. The reason I build one myself was the high cost for one with a 12ft expance. + I think we would need a crane to get it into the garden .Really appreciate the link Thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: Bridge over the river kwai

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum