CHICHI-MIO

how to connect RO system

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to connect RO system

Post by DaveB on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 am

I have decided rather than mess about changing my system I have decided to get my RO system up & running again. Unfortunately I will need 4 new 150gpd membranes. But can get them at Pure water products for about £150. The other problem I have is I disconnected all the pipework and cant remember where they go. I do remember that the waste from the first membrane would then go into the second membrane and so on and so on. the outlet fro each membrane would be connected in parallel . The final waste pipe would be fiited with a 400ml/min restrictor. What I can,t remmebr is which is the outlet and waste on the membrane housing. Any ideas. Regards dave

Back to top Go down

Re: how to connect RO system

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 am

DaveB wrote:I have decided rather than mess about changing my system I have decided to get my RO system up & running again. Unfortunately I will need 4 new 150gpd membranes. But can get them at Pure water products for about £150. The other problem I have is I disconnected all the pipework and cant remember where they go. I do remember that the waste from the first membrane would then go into the second membrane and so on and so on. the outlet fro each membrane would be connected in parallel . The final waste pipe would be fiited with a 400ml/min restrictor. What I can,t remmebr is which is the outlet and waste on the membrane housing. Any ideas. Regards dave

Dave ...

I think the sequence order was covered in Kevin Ellis`s Video clips posted here Sweetie http://www.themtherekoyas.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1324

If not .. you could email him and ask how it is done Very Happy

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Mio thanks but after searching the net it must of triggered a brain cell and I remember how it was all put together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:50 pm

DaveB wrote:Mio thanks but after searching the net it must of triggered a brain cell and I remember how it was all put together.

Glad to hear it Dave ... intuition rocks Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I have decided to leave well alone for the time being( at least until I come back of holiday) If once again I go down the RO route I will be limited as to how much RO water I can make on mains pressure alone if I remember rightly about 20% per week. Unfortunately this is not suffient to keep zero nitrite. I have noticed a marked difference in reduced blanketweed growth and water clarity since I have changed two things The first is increase the flow rate through BB and over the Lava rock from 16000 LpH to 20000lph. I have also added an extra 25w of UV.Looking at the relation ship between p.H/K.H & CO2 levels I think I have very liitle CO2. perhaps this is being gassed of in the TT. Therefore No Co2 = No blacketweed.Just a theory I have

Anyway at the moment things have never looked better. and just wonder if it would be best not to change too many things in one season, or you can,t tell where the improvements are made.as the say " If it ain,t broke don,t fix it"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm

If your `HAPPY`with the results your witnessing Dave Very Happy that is all that matters Sweetie Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum