CHICHI-MIO

Always this time of year

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always this time of year

Post by DaveB on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Doesn't it always seem to be this tme of year when one of my koi seem to be a bit huffy and in the past has gone to sulk in the corner and eventually die without a trace of disease. It is only ever 1 koi and the same last year.

Not sure if I am being a bit paranoid but one Koi looks to be spendig a bit more time than usual swimming by her self just under the surface with head slightly down. She is still eating and looking for food and looking great apart from a bit lathargic. You just know your koi and when something is just quite not right. I Have done a scrape from the behind the gill cover and found zilch. Tried at 400x magnification and think I got a pretty decent focus but once again nothing. When lifted the koi she looks perfect apart from a small area of heavy mucus,which apeared a few days ago, where I took the scrape from.Any idea folks apart from waiting for things to develope. There Has been a real downer with the weather, but have managed to maintain temps in the 15 degs range.Water perameters have been spot on.All other koi looking great. She does seem to pick up a bit through the day as oxygen levels increase and things warm up a touch.

Back to top Go down

Re: Always this time of year

Post by DaveB on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Update fro yesterday.

The koi looks to be the same today so maybe I jumped the gun. However in one way it was nice to do a scrape and find nothing. A will just have to wait it out and see which way it goes when things warm up a bit. If there is any deteriation in the meantime I will carry out a gill biopsy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:20 pm

DaveB wrote:Update fro yesterday.

The koi looks to be the same today so maybe I jumped the gun. However in one way it was nice to do a scrape and find nothing. A will just have to wait it out and see which way it goes when things warm up a bit. If there is any deteriation in the meantime I will carry out a gill biopsy.

Dave ...

I missed this post ... sorry ....

My first priority would be not to `Focus` upon the `Problem` Sweetie much as you are tempted to ..

I would in the interim simply add lots more air were she mine until you find evidence of what ails her ...

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks Mio. My thoughts exactly . I will keep a close eye on her and keep you posted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum