CHICHI-MIO

ORP meters and there accuraccy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ORP meters and there accuraccy

Post by DaveB on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 am

Atfer fitting a new probe and calibrating my ORP meter I have found a drop in ORP reading with a slight increase in p.H.since fitting the covers in October. All other parameters apear as when the covers were first put on. Orp has reduced from 360 to 310 and p.H has increased from 7 t0 7.3. TDS has remained a constant 78 ppm. One of my skimmer pumps was turned off when the covers were fitted and hopefully when the covers are removed and the skimmer pump is switched on the ORP will rise again, or will it drop due to a further p.H rise due to increased oxygen. ( all very interesting and I never seem to guess right)I would hate to think that there has been a gradual decline in water quality since covers were fitted and the skimmer was stopped. But this is quite possible. Your thoughts please

Back to top Go down

Re: ORP meters and there accuraccy

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 am

DaveB wrote:Atfer fitting a new probe and calibrating my ORP meter I have found a drop in ORP reading with a slight increase in p.H.since fitting the covers in October. All other parameters apear as when the covers were first put on. Orp has reduced from 360 to 310 and p.H has increased from 7 t0 7.3. TDS has remained a constant 78 ppm. One of my skimmer pumps was turned off when the covers were fitted and hopefully when the covers are removed and the skimmer pump is switched on the ORP will rise again, or will it drop due to a further p.H rise due to increased oxygen. ( all very interesting and I never seem to guess right)I would hate to think that there has been a gradual decline in water quality since covers were fitted and the skimmer was stopped. But this is quite possible. Your thoughts please

Dave ...

It sounds as though the ORP is simply tracking PH which would begin to rise due to increased `Photosynthesis` because of a corresponding Waxing Photo period from exposure to longer day Sunlight ...

Fret Not Sweetie ....

Your Params are Fab Very Happy

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 am

That would make sense as the p.H has started to swing a few points. Just didn,t expect it so soon in the year . Might have to switch on my new 55w UV completed yesterday. I was going to wait until the covers were off (3 weeks time when the clocks go forward) but might have to have a re think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 am

DaveB wrote:That would make sense as the p.H has started to swing a few points. Just didn,t expect it so soon in the year . Might have to switch on my new 55w UV completed yesterday. I was going to wait until the covers were off (3 weeks time when the clocks go forward) but might have to have a re think.

Mine is `Greening` up slightly also Dave ...

Mild Winter Temps coupled with days of Brilliant Sunshine recently has exacerbated the Algae Bloom liklihood to impact earlier ...

I would go ahead and connect the new UV ...

My Solar Covers are Blue ... so more photo-restrictive in comparison with your clear type ...

Mine are however excellent at heat transfer to water .... but not light as much ...

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum