CHICHI-MIO

RO membranes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RO membranes

Post by DaveB on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 am

I have been toying with the idea of running my RO system once again but I am worried what condition the membranes will be in after lieing Idle for over year. Also even if I flushed them to waste for sometime I also worry what could be growing on the membranes and whether of not this poses any risk to the koi. My gut feeling is that it is not worth the risk. unfortunately I am well over my budget after purchasing heat pump & UV clarifier and cannot afford to buy new membrane at the moment

Back to top Go down

Re: RO membranes

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:51 am

DaveB wrote:I have been toying with the idea of running my RO system once again but I am worried what condition the membranes will be in after lieing Idle for over year. Also even if I flushed them to waste for sometime I also worry what could be growing on the membranes and whether of not this poses any risk to the koi. My gut feeling is that it is not worth the risk. unfortunately I am well over my budget after purchasing heat pump & UV clarifier and cannot afford to buy new membrane at the moment

Personally I would not risk it Dave ....

Your Water parameters are Fab for now Very Happy so why not wait until `Funds` permit the purchase of replacement membranes ....

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm

yes I thought you might suggest that. We have all klearned in the past not to take chances or cut corners, especially where KOi are concerned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum