CHICHI-MIO

Pure Pond Bombs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pure Pond Bombs

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:01 am

Hi guys came across this on another wedsite
http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/PURE_POND_Bomb.html
It was used after pond was contaminated with unsuitable mains water to improve clarity. What are your views on this type pf product or does anyone know what it is made of. I am sure there are simliar products already on the market. Your thoughts are apprecieated dave

_________________
Best Regards Dave
avatar
DaveB

Posts : 589
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 62
Location : Tyne & Wear England

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:44 am

DaveB wrote:Hi guys came across this on another wedsite
http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/PURE_POND_Bomb.html
It was used after pond was contaminated with unsuitable mains water to improve clarity. What are your views on this type pf product or does anyone know what it is made of. I am sure there are simliar products already on the market. Your thoughts are apprecieated dave

Dave ...

I have only briefly delved the product but know not what Bacterial species these contain Question

The PDF of the `Sister` Product here Arrow http://www.ingslane.com/pdf/EA%20Info%20-%20PurePond.pdf

If Bacterial Spores are the basis of the content then these are not true Nitrifiers because they do not produce spores.

Heretotrophic Species comprise most of these alleged filter aids which are nowhere near as efficient at `Ammonia` conversion as our trusty Lithotrophs Very Happy and require one `Million` to convert that which 1 Nitrosomona can .... and few if ANY can convert `Nitrite`!

See the `Heretotroph vs Autotroph` thread.

No Doubt the `Enzymatic` content catalysis `Organics`clearing this whilst the `Heretotrophic`Species (if that is what they are) assist in decomposing the `Detritis` too whilst converting `SOME` of the resultant Ammonia .


_________________
MIO/CHICHI
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-08

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 am

Sounds like a substitute for good husbandry . possibly a waste of money.I used to use envirex once which I found usefull
http://www.lincsfishhealth.co.uk/html/products.html and even Detox on occation. I no longer use these products since aiming for a lower TDS. ( I am not actually sure what difference these would make to TDS)

_________________
Best Regards Dave
avatar
DaveB

Posts : 589
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 62
Location : Tyne & Wear England

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 am

DaveB wrote:Sounds like a substitute for good husbandry . possibly a waste of money.I used to use envirex once which I found usefull
http://www.lincsfishhealth.co.uk/html/products.html and even Detox on occation. I no longer use these products since aiming for a lower TDS. ( I am not actually sure what difference these would make to TDS)

I agree Sweetie Very Happy

Did you try those `Bio-Dips` in your link Dave ?

_________________
MIO/CHICHI
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-08

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 pm

No I never have. I understand that they indicate all types of bacteria so are they therefore any good. I have tried Combat when koi have been a bit under the weather in spring as a supportive treatment when one koi was showing signs of fin rot. Not sure if it made any difference though

_________________
Best Regards Dave
avatar
DaveB

Posts : 589
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 62
Location : Tyne & Wear England

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 pm

I have not tried those dip tests either Dave ... but ?

The `Red/Pink` uptake of stain indicates the presence of Gram Negative Bacteria I believe .. those more likely to produce infection ..

Gram positive Bacteria readily uptake violet/purple staining which Gram Negative Bacteria don`t ... Nancy will know more given here Microbiology teaching background Very Happy

Great Bacteria identification Link here >

http://www.infection.bham.ac.uk/Teaching/GEC/pathogenic%20bacteria.pdf


_________________
MIO/CHICHI
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-08

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by DaveB on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 am

These would be of some interest perhaps before and after running UVs or more so when running ozone generators to see if there is any difference. If you were haveing regular problems with infections it would also be interesting if you had more than the norm.Just some thoughts

_________________
Best Regards Dave
avatar
DaveB

Posts : 589
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 62
Location : Tyne & Wear England

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:41 am

DaveB wrote:These would be of some interest perhaps before and after running UVs or more so when running ozone generators to see if there is any difference. If you were haveing regular problems with infections it would also be interesting if you had more than the norm.Just some thoughts

Jurgen has an incubator and tests his pond CPU`s regularly ... he also tests fellow Koi keepers Ponds during problems and indeed numbers proliferate exponentially when infectious outbreaks occur in particular when KHV has been introduced Twisted Evil

_________________
MIO/CHICHI
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-08

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Pure Pond Bombs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum