CHICHI-MIO

Getting my pipework cleaned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting my pipework cleaned

Post by DaveB on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 am

Guys I am having a trip into hospital to get a angioplasty. One of my coronary atreries is partially blocked. Too much of the good life I suppose. It came as a bit of a shock as I climbed 3 mountains last year. I am going in on wedensday morning and hopefully will be home on thursday.I undertand i will be getting some tests done in view of fitting a stent which is now a very common procedure. ( Harry Redknapp has just had it done) I might not be on line for a few days, but who knows

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting my pipework cleaned

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:14 am

DaveB wrote:Guys I am having a trip into hospital to get a angioplasty. One of my coronary atreries is partially blocked. Too much of the good life I suppose. It came as a bit of a shock as I climbed 3 mountains last year. I am going in on wedensday morning and hopefully will be home on thursday.I undertand i will be getting some tests done in view of fitting a stent which is now a very common procedure. ( Harry Redknapp has just had it done) I might not be on line for a few days, but who knows

The Procedure is very safe and simple Dave so do try not to Stress Sweetie Arrow http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=angioplasty

Good thing they discovered it and are treating it promptly Very Happy

Are you having a local or general Anaesthetic ?

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 am

Mio Thanks for the link. I have already had a number of tests including an angiogram so have already experienced a similar procedure. I am having it done by local anaesthetic.The test they are doing is using a pressure to see if there is any pressure drop across the narrowing, if there is a difined drop then they will go on to do the angioplasty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 am

DaveB wrote:Mio Thanks for the link. I have already had a number of tests including an angiogram so have already experienced a similar procedure. I am having it done by local anaesthetic.The test they are doing is using a pressure to see if there is any pressure drop across the narrowing, if there is a difined drop then they will go on to do the angioplasty.

It never ceases to amaze me how advanced Medical Procedure progress has become Dave ...and many can be performed under local Anaesthetic negating the risks and recovery time required for General Anaesthetics Very Happy

All the best with it Sweetie .. Very Happy

Atherosclerosis runs in my Family who have a genetic predisposition to Thrombosis due to carrying the Factor v Leiden Gene heterozygously.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Mio I am begining to think that the problem is in my genes.
I packed in smoking 27 yrears ago,( thats when I strted keeping fish) I don,t drink much ( non at all now),coreeect body mass index,I was very fit until I hurt my back earlier this year. Also my cholestrol was border line was .eating all the wrong things However my father had a history of heart problems so I have done just about every thing possible to prevent this happening apart from my eating habits which I am trying to change

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Well done for quitting Smoking Dave ... I never quite managed to succeed at that Embarassed and hate being addicted to the habit Twisted Evil One Day Hey ?

The relatives I lost to thrombosis/myocardial Infarction etc all died young Sad poor loves...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 am

I managed to quit 40 fags per day when my daughter was born in the hope of reducing the chances of her smoking. ( my wife managed whilst she was pregnant with our daughter) It was easier when no one else was smoking around me. As a further insentive I used the money to build a state of the art koi pond which cost in excess of £12000 almost 15 years ago( not state of the art now but still going strong)

Last edited by DaveB on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:12 am

DaveB wrote:I managed to quit 40 fags per day when my daughter was born in the hope of reducing the chances of her smoking. ( my wife managed whilst she was pregnant with our daughter) It was easier when no one else was smoking around me. As a further insentive I used the money to build a state of the art koi pond which cost in excess of £12000 almost 15 years ago( not state of the art now but still goin)

£ 12,000 .... WOW !

I`m hoping to build mine for less than half of that Sweetie ...

Your Koi Pond is Lovely Dave Smile

Do post pics if you have a mind to in the Gallery Forum so Members can see how nice it is ..... Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 am

One of the major costs was the digging out as all of my pond + filters is below ground level. a total of 13 large skips were used in the process. Labour costs alone was £5000 including brickwork. I have loads of photos. When I get the chance I will scan them and upload them.
I think you could quite possibly do it for half the cost if you do most of the work yourself. However 13 ksips to fill and dig out by hand is not for the faint hearted. I certainly could not have done it by myself even way back then

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 am

DaveB wrote:One of the major costs was the digging out as all of my pond + filters is below ground level. a total of 13 large skips were used in the process. Labour costs alone was £5000 including brickwork. I have loads of photos. When I get the chance I will scan them and upload them.
I think you could quite possibly do it for half the cost if you do most of the work yourself. However 13 ksips to fill and dig out by hand is not for the faint hearted. I certainly could not have done it by myself even way back then

My biggest problem Dave is a network of Manholes and pipework zig zagging the Garden Rolling Eyes

I don`t know if I could afford to have these diverted OR if builders are permitted to interfere with the Water board system....

IF NOT I am seriously limited re space and I would love an `Atori Onishi Streamflow` system with sumps on a timer repeatedly flushing the system to drains automatically Very Happy

I dug and re-filled my last Koi Pond all by by myself a 10 litre bucketfull at a time affraid

Twas grueling indeed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAN on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 am

DaveB wrote:Guys I am having a trip into hospital to get a angioplasty. One of my coronary atreries is partially blocked. Too much of the good life I suppose. It came as a bit of a shock as I climbed 3 mountains last year. I am going in on wedensday morning and hopefully will be home on thursday.I undertand i will be getting some tests done in view of fitting a stent which is now a very common procedure. ( Harry Redknapp has just had it done) I might not be on line for a few days, but who knows

All the best for tomorrow dave, hope it isnt painful for ya, and get well soon.
HAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 am

Hi Guys Back in the land of the living after what was a routine procedure turned out to take 3 hours and eventually they gave up trying to put the stent in. made do with ballooning only as they were eventually running out of time. Stayed in hospital an extra day and only let me out on the promise that I would take it easy Hopefully this balloning will be sufficient and permannet I don,t fancy having to do it again. especially the heart attack bit after 2 hours Hopefully I will feel a marked improvment , but still feel a bit ropey at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:35 am

DaveB wrote:Hi Guys Back in the land of the living after what was a routine procedure turned out to take 3 hours and eventually they gave up trying to put the stent in. made do with ballooning only as they were eventually running out of time. Stayed in hospital an extra day and only let me out on the promise that I would take it easy Hopefully this balloning will be sufficient and permannet I don,t fancy having to do it again. especially the heart attack bit after 2 hours Hopefully I will feel a marked improvment , but still feel a bit ropey at the moment

Welcome back Sweetie Very Happy

Sounds like an ordeal and a half Dave Shocked

The FULL MOON coupled with Mercury shadow phase prior to going RX would not have helped affraid so i`m pleased your surgery is out-of-the-way now ....

Hope you feel the benefits of the procedure soon Smile

Take it easy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAN on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:52 am

how ya feeling now dave , hope a lot better mate Cool
HAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Feeling better thanks for asking

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 am

Hi guys sorry if this is beginning to sound like a soap. I had to go in again due to chest pain after unsuccesfull attempt at angioplasty and feeling decidedly worse after the procedure rather than better. Anyway after another 2 hour gruelling procedure with a number of angina attacks, they have managed to fit 5 drug elluding stents all on the circumflex coronary artery. These were short stents so they were able to get them around the tight bends. I will have to google drug elluding stents to find out what and why they used these ones.
Fortunatley they have now increased the blood flow so narrowing has gone from 70% blockage to 0%. lets hope this has done the trick. I am still feeling a bit grotty after 2 angioplastys with in a week. I would imaging I need a good flush out of a lot of dys and other chemicals which will probably take a few days

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 am

DaveB wrote:Hi guys sorry if this is beginning to sound like a soap. I had to go in again due to chest pain after unsuccesfull attempt at angioplasty and feeling decidedly worse after the procedure rather than better. Anyway after another 2 hour gruelling procedure with a number of angina attacks, they have managed to fit 5 drug elluding stents all on the circumflex coronary artery. These were short stents so they were able to get them around the tight bends. I will have to google drug elluding stents to find out what and why they used these ones.
Fortunatley they have now increased the blood flow so narrowing has gone from 70% blockage to 0%. lets hope this has done the trick. I am still feeling a bit grotty after 2 angioplastys with in a week. I would imaging I need a good flush out of a lot of dys and other chemicals which will probably take a few days

70 % to zero WOW phantastic you must be feeling less breathless now Sweetie .. Very Happy

Some Info Dave RE "Drug Eluting Stents" > http://www.ptca.org/des.html

Glad your still with us Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:40 am

Admin wrote:
DaveB wrote:Hi guys sorry if this is beginning to sound like a soap. I had to go in again due to chest pain after unsuccesfull attempt at angioplasty and feeling decidedly worse after the procedure rather than better. Anyway after another 2 hour gruelling procedure with a number of angina attacks, they have managed to fit 5 drug elluding stents all on the circumflex coronary artery. These were short stents so they were able to get them around the tight bends. I will have to google drug elluding stents to find out what and why they used these ones.

70 % to zero WOW phantastic you must be feeling less breathless now Sweetie .. Very Happy

Some Info Dave RE "Drug Eluting Stents" > http://www.ptca.org/des.html

Glad your still with us Very Happy
Strange as it may seem, however I never suffered fro breathlessness even when climbing steep hills. I suppose everybody is different. thanks for the link about drug eluding stents

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:59 am

It is truly Awesome what modern Medicine can accomplish these days Dave Very Happy great link .. and very educational Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:06 am

Yes fantastic link. Great to see how tents have developed over the years and interesting german development on bidegradble stents

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:25 am

My Older Sister had a 70% blockage in the L.A.D (left anterior descending) Artery Dave Sad the worse vessel to have an artheroma in which remained undiagnosed until her demise in 1995 very very sadly .... Sad I doubt such would happen with the tests and subsequent procedures available today ... we have much to be thankful for Sweetie Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAN on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:40 am

glad you got it sorted dave, must have been worrying mate,all the best from now on Cool
HAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:12 am

Cheers Han

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: