CHICHI-MIO

F.I.T Payment reduction scandal !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

F.I.T Payment reduction scandal !

Post by alank on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 am

It is being reported that the FiT payments are being reduced to 21p for any installs completed after December 8th 2011.

I have asked on a forum how long it takes from completion of installation until completion and signing off of paperwork. No answer as yet.

Dave, do you know how long it took?

alank

Back to top Go down

Re: F.I.T Payment reduction scandal !

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

alank wrote:It is being reported that the FiT payments are being reduced to 21p for any installs completed after December 8th 2011.

I have asked on a forum how long it takes from completion of installation until completion and signing off of paperwork. No answer as yet.

Dave, do you know how long it took?

Sounds Ominous Alan ?

I won`t even get a `Survey` completed until Nov 10 th Shocked Perhaps they can get around this by `securing` signed contracts prior to? OR lose potential customers ...

Admin

http://mio-chichi.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:26 pm

The installers are furious if this goes ahead, all of their investment will be wasted as not many will take the expense onboard with the tarriffs halved.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/oct/28/solar-subsidies-cut-half

Last edited by alank on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I was aware that the fit payment would be reduced for those people not already on the FIT payment,( looking forward to my indexed linked rise in march) but did not think it would be that much. I would say this would stop the industry in its tracks. I for one would then give it a miss. An 18year payback too long in my view

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:28 pm

DaveB wrote:I was aware that the fit payment would be reduced for those people not already on the FIT payment,( looking forward to my indexed linked rise in march) but did not think it would be that much. I would say this would stop the industry in its tracks. I for one would then give it a miss. An 18year payback too long in my view

People in general won`t be aware of it Dave..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and I agree the `Industry` will be Killed Stone Dead IF and when the Tarif is reduced as drastically.

If my `Roofspace` qualifies I will decline having the work done if it can`t be completed prior to Dec 8 th ....

I can fully understand the Government reducing or even stopping the F.I.T payments to `Solar` Farms etc > http://www.the-green-company.com/solar_farm.html but punishing the `General`Public will stop Solar Panel Uptake in it`s Tracks Twisted Evil phor sure.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

There is a discussion going on on Moneysaving expert which maybe of interest
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3575765

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 am

My installer is sending a quoted price of 12.2k tomorrow for 15 Sonyo 275w panels and Sunny boy invertor. I have to modify my roof but he recons he can have it all done withing 10 days. He sends the paperwork off immediately and its in the lap of the gods as to how quick they register the install.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:40 am

alank wrote:My installer is sending a quoted price of 12.2k tomorrow for 15 Sonyo 275w panels and Sunny boy invertor. I have to modify my roof but he recons he can have it all done withing 10 days. He sends the paperwork off immediately and its in the lap of the gods as to how quick they register the install.

I Hope U make the Deadline Alan Sweetie Very Happy but doubt I will with the surveyor not arriving until Nov 10th..

There will be protestations `Galore` from not only the Industry itself but `Green` campaigners along with members of the Public in general contemplating this type installation .. now or in the Future .....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAN on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:06 am

DaveB wrote:I was aware that the fit payment would be reduced for those people not already on the FIT payment,( looking forward to my indexed linked rise in march) but did not think it would be that much. I would say this would stop the industry in its tracks. I for one would then give it a miss. An 18year payback too long in my view

Dave,

i was looking into solar panels myself after following your thread at those rates, but will not go ahead if the fit incentive drops to half soon, and who knows, they could, if it suits them, do away with it altogether. Mad
HAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Han
I am sure that for anyone who is already on FIT payment it is garanteed for 25 years indexed linked . HoweverI don,t blame you if you now decide not to go ahead

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:15 pm

alank wrote:My installer is sending a quoted price of 12.2k tomorrow for 15 Sonyo 275w panels and Sunny boy invertor. I have to modify my roof but he recons he can have it all done withing 10 days. He sends the paperwork off immediately and its in the lap of the gods as to how quick they register the install.
Nice one Alan sound like a cracking system and a good deal too. best of luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 am

Keep us Posted Sweetie .... Very Happy

We are rooting for you that you complete the `Install` before the deadline Smile

Utility prices as Dave mentioned in the `Solar Energy` thread are set to go in one direction only .................... and that is Arrow UP!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I spent all day Sunday stripping out the plasterboard from the inside of my roof window. It is 12 feet x 4 feet square and stands above the roof by just over 3 feet. I am having today off work to get as much of the heavy lifting work done before Friday as I have a little operation booked. Its going to go dark in my L/R once the roof window is gone.

My first quote was from a company called EEC Solar. I googled them to see if they were reputable, it turns out they have been on watchdog and have several judgments against them for sharp practices, the MD lives next door to Kenny Dalgliesh and has had his house shot at and attacked with a grenade (which didn't go off). Their premises were also firebombed. Needless to say, I have given them a wide birth.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Shocked

Builders From Hell hey Twisted Evil

Glad you investigated further Alan and found a `Kosher` Company ... It always pays to do so Sweetie ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Problem is now with the announcement, the big free solar companies are buying all UK stock of panels. Installers are struggling to get the panels. The whole thing is a complete farce.

I have now looked again at buying and installing myself and paying to get it certified.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 pm

alank wrote:Problem is now with the announcement, the big free solar companies are buying all UK stock of panels. Installers are struggling to get the panels. The whole thing is a complete farce.

I have now looked again at buying and installing myself and paying to get it certified.

Will you get `Planning` permission in time though Alan ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Retrospective planning permission.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 pm

alank wrote:Retrospective planning permission.

If your confident you can get the project approved and the F.I.T registered in time then go for Sweetie.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:39 am

Just talked to my installer, if he can get a confirmation of supply, it will all be fitted at the end of next week. A confirmed e-mail to my leccy supplier is all that is needed for registration. 2-3 day max.

Looking rosy as of this moment.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:41 am

alank wrote:Just talked to my installer, if he can get a confirmation of supply, it will all be fitted at the end of next week. A confirmed e-mail to my leccy supplier is all that is needed for registration. 2-3 day max.

Looking rosy as of this moment.

Do you have a new `Installer`then Alan ? Is it a good deal ?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:27 am

My third installer. He called earlier to say he has managed to get all the kit ordered and it will all be up and running by the end of next week. Problem is, I dont know what he has ordered. Its the same price but different equipment. I have asked for it in writing. They are rushed off their feet with everyone bringing installation dates forward.

We shall see.

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 am

alank wrote:My third installer. He called earlier to say he has managed to get all the kit ordered and it will all be up and running by the end of next week. Problem is, I dont know what he has ordered. Its the same price but different equipment. I have asked for it in writing. They are rushed off their feet with everyone bringing installation dates forward.

We shall see.

Is it 4 KWT Sweetie ?

Great that they can beat the deadline Alan Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alank on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 am

3.78 I think, my roof is flat and will not take a lot of panels

alank

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 am

alank wrote:3.78 I think, my roof is flat and will not take a lot of panels

I think 3.78 is what Dave has Alan and he`s earning £300 per month in F.I.T payments Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveB on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Alan I have 3.68kw and will be recieving just over £300 for the first quarter + I saved about £100 on electric bill. One way of looking at it is it is paying for the running costs of my hobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum